Spark Neurocare launched in May 2016, and is an innovative new not-for-profit collaboration providing free services to people impacted by a progressive neurological disease (PND). Based in Townsville and rolling out in Toowoomba, the Spark NeuroCare trial will link the Townsville and Toowoomba PND communities with local, experienced professionals, strengthening the range and accessibility of health, community and support services.
What is Spark NeuroCare?
Spark NeuroCare is a Townsville- and Toowoomba-based organisation offering coordinated care services. This includes:
- advice and information services,
- referrals to a range of allied health specialists,
- links to aid and equipment providers,
- help and support for the NDIS introduction,
- and a range of other services and referral options.
The staff have a close working relationship with the Huntingtons Queensland team, and we are working together to provide locals with the best support services available. For more information, download their brochure.
Who can use Spark NeuroCare?
The service is available to anyone in the Townsville region (and soon Toowoomba) with a progressive neurological disease. This includes Huntington’s disease, forms of dementia, motor neurone disease, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, and any other conditions that are considered progressive and neurological.
What is the cost to use these services?
Services are currently free of charge, and some services may be covered through individual NDIS funding. There is no current plan to charge out of pocket expenses for anyone who accesses services.
Who supports Spark NeuroCare?
The collaborative venture is powered by Huntingtons Queensland, Epilepsy Queensland, Motor Neurone Disease Association of Queensland, MND and Me Foundation, MS Queensland, Parkinson’s Queensland and Youngcare.
Visit their website, call them on 07 4412 7700 or email email@example.com. Of course, you can also get in touch with the team at Huntingtons Queensland who can help you get in contact with them.
For more information about The NeuroCare Network, you can visit their website.
Huntingtons Queensland is part of the NeuroCare Network, an alliance of not-for-profit organisations focused on ensuring people living with a progressive neurological disease receive the support and services they need. This network is ready to help you understand the NDIS and what it could mean for you.
WHAT IS THE NEUROCARE NETWORK?
The NeuroCare Network is an innovative alliance of not-for-profit organisations working together to help people living with progressive neurological and neuromuscular disease. We understand what it means to live with these diseases and we aim to overcome barriers to accessing services and supports that are critical to wellbeing and quality of life.
The NeuroCare Network represents approximately 130,000 adults and children living with progressive neurological and neuromuscular disease in Queensland.
Founded in 2013 and currently operating under the auspices of MS Queensland, The NeuroCare Network draws on its more than 220 years of collective experience to deliver better shared outcomes for Queenslanders. While members are individual organisations, The NeuroCare Network speaks with one voice on common issues and works together to:
- Improve the quality of care offered to people with progressive neurological and neuromuscular disease
- Increase the level of cooperation and collaboration between care providers in the community, health and disability sectors
- Deliver better coordinated, community-based services that give people more choice and control over their care
- Help everyone (individuals, families and service providers) prepare for the changes ahead with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Form strategic and operational alliances to achieve efficiencies and reduce operating costs
- Engage with State and Commonwealth Governments on policy matters.
The organisations represented by The NeuroCare Network currently include:
- Alzheimer’s Australia (Qld)
- Epilepsy Queensland Inc
- Friedreich Ataxia Network
- Huntingtons Queensland
- Leukodystrophy Resource and Research Organisation Inc
- MND Association Queensland
- MND and Me Foundation
- MS Queensland
- Muscular Dystrophy Queensland
- Parkinson’s Queensland