Please note: we cannot accept registrations if the participant does not accept the terms and conditions of this waiver. Participants acknowledge their agreement to these conditions by selecting “I agree to the waiver terms and conditions” on the registration form.
- I understand that participation in the Running for Nan’s HD event has inherent risks, including risks to my personal health arising from the physical nature of the event. I participate voluntarily of my own free will and at my own risk.
- I accept all risks associated with my participation in this event, and absolutely release and waive any claim I might have against the Releasees* in respect to any injury, death, loss or damage I suffer as a result of my participation in this event, however arising, including as a result of any breach of contract and/or negligence by the Releasees.
- I acknowledge and accept that under the Releasees will not be liable for any harm or loss suffered by me during this event.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law I indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees against any loss or damage suffered by them as a result of any Claim made by or against me during the event howsoever arising, including as a result of any act, neglect or default caused by me during the event.
- I acknowledge that the event location is not closed, and I must abide by all council regulations and treat others (participants and non-participants) with respect.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to monitor my own physical and mental condition during the event, and I agree to withdraw immediately and to notify appropriate personnel if at any point my continued participation would create a risk of danger to myself or to others.
- I understand that if I am feeling unwell, experiencing or displaying COVID-19 symptoms, are required to quarantine or isolate or are otherwise prevented from attending due to public health recommendations, I will not attend.
- In the event of an injury to me that renders me unconscious or incapable of making a medical decision, I authorise organisers of the event and emergency medical personnel to make emergency medical decisions on my behalf (including but not limited to CPR and AED).
- I agree to be responsible and assume liability for any and all costs incurred as a result of my participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport services, hospital stays, medical care and treatment, and physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
- I agree to advise the Releasees if I do not wish for my photograph to be taken and used in reporting or current/future event promotions.
*Releasees: means Huntingtons Queensland, Kelly Connolly, Running for Nan’s HD, and any promoters, organisers, participants volunteers,, sanctioning organisations, officials, rescue personnel, sponsors, advertisers, event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and any others who give recommendations or engage in risk evaluation regarding the event and the owners, occupiers and lessees of any premises used for the event and their respective directors, servants, employees and agents